Returns & Exchange Policy
Due to the nature of our accessories range, we are unable to offer an exchange and/or refund on any opened accessory products unless these are deemed faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note that you can return an item for exchange if you require a different size. If you want to purchase a completely different item you will need to return the unwanted product and pay the difference in the case of the new item being of higher value than the returned before we can send out the exchange.
HOW TO RETURN OR EXCHANGE AN ITEM
For any items purchased online at www.frenchsole.com you have 28 calendar days from the date your item is received in which to return or exchange them. Please note if your item was a sale item you have 14 calendar days to return or exchange your item. Please follow the steps below to return:
RETURNS INSIDE THE UK:
- Please login to your account and click the ‘orders’ tab to the left of the screen
- Any orders that qualify for refund or exchange will display the buttons ‘Refund’ and ‘Exchange’. Click the relevant option.
- Enter the details for your refund or exchange on next page.
- Our staff will receive your request and will review it as soon as possible.
- If you requested a refund and it is approved, you will be refunded via the method you used to pay.
- If you are exchanging items, you will be emailed a returns label once your exchange has been approved.
- Once you have received the label you will need to affix the label to the outside of your parcel. You must not affix the label directly to the outside of the shoebox and return this in the post. Please take note of the following when preparing your parcel;
- the item must be in the same exact condition when you return it as it was when you received it.
- please note, we will not approve any returns of used or dirty items. Until you have decided to keep your order, our shoes must be tried on a clean carpeted surface.
- the items must be returned in their original packaging, as it is part of the product. Avoid damaging the original packaging by returning the shoes or cloths and shoe box inside an overpack.
- Once you have prepared your parcel you can schedule collection with DHL and call Customer Service at 0844 248 0844 to schedule a pickup. Do not seal your shipment as the courier must inspect the contents. You or a representative must be present when the courier arrives. Shipments cannot be left outside or in “safe” places for the courier to pickup. Affix one copy of the label securely to each package and give the other to the courier.Ensure your packages are packed and labelled correctly to avoid damage or delays. Follow DHL’s Packaging Advice at: http://www.dhl.com/packaging_advice
RETURNS FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK:
Please follow steps 1-5 from above and return to the following address:
French Sole LTD
61 Marylebone Lane
It is important that you clearly state on the parcel ‘MAIL ORDER GOODS RETURNED TO SUPPLIER’ to avoid customs duty and delay in processing the return request.
We recommend that you use a reputable courier and that you ask for proof of postage in all cases. The cost of the return postage must be borne by the customer.
In addition to your legal rights, sale items are eligible for return within 14 days of you receiving your order.
Sale items do not qualify for free returns. If your item was purchased from one of our sale events, please return to the address below at your own expense.
61 Marylebone Lane
If you did not create an account with us when your made a purchase and made a guest checkout, please follow the steps below to exchange:
- Call or email our customer services team and explain that you would like to exchange an item for a different size. State your order number and the product code of the item.
- Our customer services team member will then arrange for your new size to be sent out to you.
IN ALL CASES:
- All items must be returned in unused (re-saleable) condition.
- Goods must be returned with proof of postage using our free returns and Exchanges label (UK only). We cannot be responsible for any item returned to us in any other way.
- If a customer returns an item that is not re-saleable (and therefore not entitled to a refund/exchange) the customer will be responsible for all costs incurred to return the items. If in doubt, please contact our Customer Services team by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0207 4860021 before you incur any shipping costs on items that my not be in re-saleable condition.
We aim to turn around returns and refunds within a few days of receipt, however, during our busiest periods this process can be prolonged. We therefore maintain a 14 day returns completion period starting on the day we receive your package.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER UNDER THE DISTANCE SELLING REGULATIONS (DSRs)
If you are based in the EU, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (DSRs), you have the right to cancel your order with us, provided you give us written notice (including email) within seven working days of receipt.
You MUST notify our Customer Services team in writing of your wish to cancel the contract for your entire order under the DSRs within fourteen working days of receiving your items. Either write to the address above or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer Services will issue you with a free Returns and Exchanges label (available to UK customers only) which you should attach to your parcel and return via the Post Office. We cannot be held responsible for any item returned to us in any other way.
All goods must be returned unused, in their original packaging and from the country that the order was delivered to. We will refund the full value of your order, including shipping costs, within 30 days of receiving your notice of contract cancellation. If we do not receive the cancelled order, we will be unable to process a refund.
RETURN OF FAULTY, INCORRECT OR SUB-STANDARD GOODS
Please follow the instructions on HOW TO RETURN AN ITEM above. However, if the products you return are faulty, incorrect, or damaged in transit to you, we will refund you the cost of your return postage, as well as the goods and your original postage and packing charge provided there is no evidence of the goods being damaged after delivery.
WILL I BE REFUNDED THE FULL VALUE OF MY ORDER?
Your refund will be credited to the original purchaser’s credit card and will include shipping costs for faulty items or for orders cancelled under the DRSs only.
Shipping costs will not be refunded for items returned that are incorrect, not faulty, or are damaged in transit before signing for delivery by the customer.
if your order has been sent to a destination within the EU, all sales taxes will be refunded. Outside the EU, customs duties and taxes are non-refundable. However, you may be able to recover these by contacting your local customs bureau directly.
Please be aware that it can take up to 14 days for the refund to appear on your bank statement.
By returning shoes for a refund, you have agreed to have the credit card that was used for the original order refunded.